Day: February 11, 2021

NARMC Vaccine 2nd Dose Clinic Rescheduled

Press Release North Arkansas Regional Medical Center (NARMC) and its community partners have been following the possibility of inclement weather and hazardous road conditions for our area. The community partners have made the difficult decision to re-schedule the Friday, February 12th Community Vaccine Clinic that was to be held at North Arkansas College (NAC) for …

NARMC Vaccine 2nd Dose Clinic Rescheduled Read More »

School District Roads Big Factor in Determining Class Status During Winter Weather

by: Scott McCaulley School District Officials throughout the region agree that one of the toughest decisions they face is whether to have classes or not onsite during days of inclement weather. Dr. Cody Hirschi, Superintendent of the Reeds Spring School District, talks about part of the process they go through on making that decision during …

School District Roads Big Factor in Determining Class Status During Winter Weather Read More »

“Camp Jack” To Have Home in Old Harrison School Cafeteria Building

by: Scott McCaulley One of the facets of the City of Harrison taking over the Old School Buildings Downtown is to team up with an organization wishing to set up a one stop shop to help veterans in the region. The Jack Williams Veterans Resource Center, known as “Camp Jack”, will occupy the building that …

“Camp Jack” To Have Home in Old Harrison School Cafeteria Building Read More »

Man Who Made Threats Against Ozark Junior High Sentenced

by: Bryce Derrickson, Ozarks First An Ozark man who pleaded guilty to third-degree terroristic threats against Ozark Junior High is on probation, according to court documents. Kenneth Hicks is sentenced to unsupervised probation, community service and has to pay court costs. Hicks was upset his son was being bullied at the school, according to Sheriff …

Man Who Made Threats Against Ozark Junior High Sentenced Read More »

AGFC Works to Reduce Crooked Creek Sedimentation

Press Release During a recent survey of Crooked Creek boaters, 28% of those floating were angling, mostly for smallmouth bass, while the remaining 72% were recreationists seeking an enjoyable float trip.Arkansas Game and Fish Commission (AGFC) District Supervisor Jeremy Risley says, unfortunately, sedimentation could jeopardize these activities in the future if preventive actions are not …

AGFC Works to Reduce Crooked Creek Sedimentation Read More »