by: Scott McCaulley
A man escapes with first and second degree burns after his motorhome explodes Sunday morning in rural Barry County.
The Central Crossing Fire Protection District reports on their Facebook Page that they were dispatched to the motorhome just before 8:30 am. Units arriving found a man that had been thrown away from the vehicle by the explosion and was airlifted to Mercy Hospital in Springfield for treatment of first and second degree burns. The man was not identified but a later Facebook post indicates the man was treated and released from the hospital.
Central Crossing Fire officials say in the post that the explosion was the result of a propane leak, when the man lit a stove the explosion occurred.
Barry County 911, Barry County Sheriff’s Office, Mercy EMS, Mercy Lifeline and the US Forrest Service assisted in working the incident.