Day: July 31, 2020

Silver Dollar City Claims USA Today Awards

Press Release A 60th Anniversary Diamond Jubilee comes with a great big bow as Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri takes the crown for #1 Amusement Park in all the land by 10Best/USAToday Readers’ Choice Awards. In total, Silver Dollar City is awarded three amusement-related awards in this nationwide poll of USA TODAY readers. The …

Silver Dollar City Claims USA Today Awards Read More »

SEC Goes Conference Only For Football

by: Matt Vereen, Ozarks First The Southeastern Conference will play a 10-game conference-only schedule in football this year, the conference announced Thursday. Action will begin September 26th with the SEC Football Championship Game will be played December 19 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, rescheduled from the original date of December 5. The schedule will include …

SEC Goes Conference Only For Football Read More »

Medicaid Expansion Debate Continues as Election Day Nears

by: Scott McCaulley Proponents and Opponents of Medicaid Expansion continue to express their views about the upcoming Constitutional Amendment that Missouri Voters will decide on in next week’s Primary Election. Amendment 2 would approve the Medicaid Expansion that would be funded 90% by the Federal Government with the other 10% being accounted for through the …

Medicaid Expansion Debate Continues as Election Day Nears Read More »

Hollister Schools Help With School Supplies After Cancellation of Night of the Tiger

by: Scott McCaulley When Hollister School Officials decided to cancel Annual “Night of the Tiger” Event used to kick-off the school year, they decided to apply some of the money from that event to help some of the students get the year started off with School Supplies. Superintendent Dr. Brian Wilson on a recent “Mornings …

Hollister Schools Help With School Supplies After Cancellation of Night of the Tiger Read More »

Resolution to Close Branson Recycle Center Fails, Other Options to be Considered

by: Scott McCaulley A Resolution to permanently close the Branson Recycle Center was voted down by Alderman at their Board Meeting Tuesday night. Information had been presented to Alderman several weeks ago on the costs it was costing the City. Those reports were put together while the Recycle Center has been closed due to the …

Resolution to Close Branson Recycle Center Fails, Other Options to be Considered Read More »