Marion County Has First Confirmed Case of COVID-19

From: KTLO

Marion County was added to the Arkansas Department of Health’s list of counties with at least one positive case of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on Friday. While government officials are prevented from providing further information to the public about those placed on the list, a resident of Flippin confirmed he tested positive for the virus.

Seventy-one-year-old Stephen Martin told television stations KHBS/KHOG he went to a testing center on Wednesday and received his results the next day. He had been on a mission trip in Liberia and returned home on March 27 after two flight cancellations and airport closures. Martin says the U.S. Embassy arranged for him to fly to Portugal and then Washington on March 26, nearly a week after he was scheduled to depart. Martin says he believes he came in contact with the virus on the flight to the nation’s capital city since his other two flights home were relatively empty.

Share:

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn

1 thought on “Marion County Has First Confirmed Case of COVID-19”

  1. Pingback: Marion County Has First Confirmed Case of COVID-19 – Hometown Daily News – bransonbanner.com

Comments are closed.

On Key

Related Posts

%d bloggers like this: