The City of Branson Public Works Department asks that residents refrain from placing leaves in City streets, right of ways and along ditches or sidewalks. Leaves blown or raked into these areas can cause safety hazards for motorists, clogs storm drains, may interfere with the operation of the street sweeper and is prohibited by City ordinance.
City Public Works Crews work diligently to keep these areas free and clear of debris and vegetation for proper stormwater management. The city is not equipped or staffed to pick up all the leaves from residential and commercial properties and can cite property owners for littering upon the right-of-way.
Here are some ways of properly disposing of leaves and grass clippings:
- Use leaves for garden composting.
- Leaves can be mulched or mowed to improve soil health.
- Leaves may be burned on private property at a minimum distance of 25 feet from any structure. The City fire codes allow leaves to be burned in a pile that is 5’x 5’x 5’. Residents are asked not to burn in winds exceed 15 mph. Contact the Branson Fire Department with any questions at (417) 243-2780.
- Leaves can also be taken to a private contractor that can appropriately dispose of them. Here are three:
- Hansen’s Tree Service in Reeds Spring & Ozark: (417) 272-8733
- Sunny Hills Garden Center in Kirbyville: (417) 339-4437
- Springfield Yard Waste Disposal Center: (417) 864-1904 x 4
For more information on how to properly dispose of brush and yard waste, go to http://bransonmo.gov/265/Dispose-Of.