From Ozarks First
One girl is hoping people listen to the new warnings about romaine.
Stephanie Ingberg is living proof of just how dangerous E. Coli can be.
She nearly died in March after eating romaine lettuce.
Doctors said E. Coli was to blame. She had kidney failure, brain trauma, and was in a coma for a week.
“You never think its going to happen to you but then when it does happen to you you’re like why don`t more people listen,” says Ingberg.
She had to learn to walk again and hopes by sharing her story that others will take the CDC`s warning seriously, and hopes if anyone is feeling sick, they`ll see a doctor.
Stephanie just received good news.
An MRI showed her brain function to be normal. Some say it`s a miracle she survived.