by Tim Church
BRANSON, Mo. – A family is thanking a Branson Police Officer for waking and evacuating them from their home this (Thursday) morning, after the officer discovered the home’s deck and yard to be on fire.
Branson Fire Chief Ted Martin reports Officer Michael Sheehan was on patrol near the Lakeside Wilderness Forest around 7:50 a.m., when he noticed black smoke rising from the Murphy Subdivision:
Martin says all three members of the household were able to escape the home without injury. He adds the fire was also extinguished before it could spread into the home.
According to a press release, careless discarding of cigarette smoking materials could not be ruled out as a possible cause of the fire.