Baby Recovering After Consuming Meth

Posted by

 

by Shannon Cay

 

MOUNTAIN HOME, Ark. – A 10–month old from north central Arkansas is recovering after being exposed to meth at a home in rural Mountain Home.

Authorities say the infant began acting strange and its parents decided they needed to take the child to Baxter Regional Medical Center.

Blood tests determined the child had been exposed to methamphetamine.

The child was immediately airlifted to Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock for emergency treatment, according to the report.

The child’s parents and another man living at the house were all interviewed and drug tested. During the investigation, the parent’s roommate, 32-year-old William Kennerly admitted to crushing and snorting meth in the bathroom prior to the child becoming ill.

Baxter County Investigators believe some of the controlled substance must have spilled on the floor, where the child picked it up and swallowed it.

Kennerly surrendered himself on Friday and was a book on charges of endangering the welfare of a minor and administering a controlled substance to another.

He posted a 100-thousand dollar bond and was released from jail. He will appear in court on Thursday.