Fire Contained to Trash Compactor at the Landing

12112202_1033431296731452_7059697075747043850_n

 

by Sam Clanton

 

BRANSON, Mo. – Crews contain a fire that ignited in a commercial trash compactor at Building 7 of Branson Landing Tuesday night.

Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke showing from the service corridor and garage on the lower level of the building, which houses Joe’s Crab Shack and other businesses.

Branson Fire Chief Ted Martin says the fire was isolated to the compactor unit…

 

 

Martin says the fire was likely ignited by cigarettes and smoking material placed into the trash compactor. He says from a prevention standpoint, he encourages businesses to soak the contents of large ash trays before discarding the contents.

Martin also advises businesses and the public to take all fire alarms seriously. He says evacuation should be your first priority after hearing a fire alarm.

Share:

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
On Key

Related Posts

%d bloggers like this: