by Shannon Cay
HARRISON, Ark – As part of a national drug take back day this Saturday, both Boone and Carroll Counties will have multiple locations for people to get rid of unwanted medications.
On April 30 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the Drug Enforcement Administration, or DEA, is partnering with authorities local authorities, giving the public an opportunity to prevent pill abuse and theft by disposing of potentially dangerous expired, unused, or unwanted prescription drugs, according to a release from the DEA.
In Boone County, people can bring the disposal items to the Harrison Police Department or the Sheriff’s Office. In Carroll County, you can drop items off at the Eureka Springs Police Station, The Green Forest Police station, The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, or the Holiday Island Fire station.
The service is free and anonymous, and authorities say no questions will be asked.
The DEA reports that last September, Americans turned in over 702,000 pounds of prescription drugs at more than 5,000 sites during this operation.
Participating Law Enforcement groups include:
- CARROLL COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE- EUREKA SPRINGS POLICE DEPARTMENT
– 147 PASSION PLAY ROAD, EUREKA SPRINGS, AR, 72631 Map
- CARROLL COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE – HOLIDAY ISLAND FIRE STATION
– 251 HOLIDAY ISLAND DRIVE, EUREKA SPRINGS, AR, 72631Map
- GREEN FOREST POLICE DEPARTMENT- GREEN FOREST POLICE DEPARTMENT
– 210 TOMMY RATZLAFF AVE.GREEN FOREST, AR, 72638Map
- CARROLL COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE – CARROLL COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE PERMANENT DROP BOX
– 205 HAILEY ROADBERRYVILLE, AR, 72616Map
- HARRISON POLICE DEPARTMENT – HARRISON POLICE DEPARTMENT
– 116 SOUTH SPRING STREET, HARRISON, AR, 72601Map
- BOONE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE- BOONE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE PERMANENT DROP BOX
– 5800 LAW DRIVE, HARRISON, AR, 72601 Map