by Tim Church
KIRBYVILLE, Mo. – A Monday afternoon fire claims a home on Deer Lane in Kirbyville.
Central Taney County Volunteer Firefighters responded to the call at approximately 1:15 p.m. to reports of smoke and flames showing from a home at 235 Deer Lane, according to Fire Chief Charles Allgood:
The home was deemed a complete loss. Allgood says the fire was accidental in nature and was started when embers and sparks, leftover from an outdoor burn, were blown across the yard by strong winds yesterday (Monday).
Allgood adds one firefighter was transported to the hospital to be treated for a high C-O count, caused by the inhalation of smoke from the fire. As of report time the firefighter was released from the hospital and was fine.
Central Taney County Firefighters were assisted by crews from Western Taney County, Forsyth and Bradleyville Fire Departments.