UPDATE: M.H. House Fire Ignited by Heater

 

by Shannon Cay

 

MOUNTAIN HOME, Ark. – Investigators with the Mountain Home Fire Department are saying it was a heater that started a house fire, yesterday morning.

Fire Chief Ken Williams says crews were dispatched to the home on 323 Russel Street at about 9:30 a.m. to find 25-year-old Eathen Hopper in the front yard with serious burns. While firefighters started to control the blaze, Williams says Hopper was taken to Baxter Regional Medical Center via ambulance.

 

 

He says Hopper had only recently began living in the house, as it had been vacant for several years. Investigators report the fire started due to a kerosene heater that was too close to combustibles around it.

 

 

According to the department, there were 12 firefighters on scene for less than two hours to put out the flames. Additionally, Williams says there were at least 13 pet cats who were lost to the Monday morning fire.

Hopper was later taken by life-flight to a hospital in Springfield for life threatening burns, however, he is currently in stable condition.

Share:

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
On Key

Related Posts

%d bloggers like this: