by Shannon Cay
MOUNTAIN HOME, Ark. – A house in Mountain Home has serious damage, after a fire engulfs a wooden deck and spreads to the residence, early Thursday morning.
According to the local fire Chief, Ken Williams, a couple on Ozark Avenue awoke to find smoke coming from the deck at12:30 a.m. He says the pair attempted to use a fire extinguisher to stop the blaze, but it had started to spread up the single story house.
Williams says crews with the Mountain Home and Clarkridge Fire Departments were called and battled the fire for almost four hours. Investigators say they believe the fire started around an electrical box, was picked up by the wind, and traveled up the walls into the attic of the house.
The report from the Mountain Home Fire Department says no one was injured. However, fire officials say a majority the home received smoke, water, and fire damage.