by Tim Church
REEDS SPRING, Mo. – A Monday afternoon structure fire claims the lives of two dogs in Reeds Spring.
Crews with the Southern Stone County Fire Protection District responded to a Main Street home at approximately 12:22 p.m., according to Public Information Officer Eric Nielsen:
Following an aggressive interior attack on the home, crews located the two dogs in a back bedroom. It was determined that they had succumbed to smoke inhalation.
The owner of the dogs accepted an offer from Fire Chaplain Jim Cummings and Firefighter Dylan Honea to dig a grave and lay the two pets to rest.
Nielsen says the fire appeared to be accidental in nature and was caused by a possible electrical malfunction. The owner of the residence was at work when the call came out. No additional injuries are being reported.