Mobile Home Destroyed by Fire

Posted by

thumb_d235b2a02bf9844A mobile home in Rockaway Beach is destroyed by a fire ignited by a space heater left too close to a comforter in a child’s bedroom.

Western Taney County Fire Chief Chris Berndt…

http://mp3/template_maxi/player_mp3_maxi.swf

Crews arrived after 6:15 p.m. Tuesday to find the fire spreading to a nearby outbuilding. More than 2 dozen firefighters responded, with crews deploying 3 lines to extinguish the blaze, and remaining on scene for nearly 3 hours.

Berndt says the American Red Cross is assisting the family. He said a neighbor was on scene also providing assistance.

Berndt advises residents to use space heaters properly and make sure your home has working smoke detectors.